The overall activity trend remained bullish throughout the prior week in Karachi Stock Exchange. Observing an increment of 1.3%, KSE 100 index closed on 27,116.13 points and 30 index gained 210.16 points and closed at 19200.54 points after gaining a reasonable 210.16 points. Dreary trend was observed at Karachi Stock exchange during the prior week as the average per day return kept on felling by 19% week on week to 154 million shares so far. Following the same trend value of American dollar declined 10 percent week on week to 77 mn USD. Foreign investors took a turn from net sellers (9.5 million USD during prior weeks) to net buyers this week (0.91 million USD) by finding an opportunity to observe an increase in the upcoming week.
The details of top gainers, losers and volume leaders are as follows:
|Top Gainers||Top Losers||Volume Leaders|
|1.||Rafhan Maize Products||EFU Life Insurance Ltd.||Faysal Bank Ltd.|
|2.||Pak Tobacco Co.||EFU General Insurance Ltd.||Bank of Punjab Ltd.|
|3.||Allied Bank Ltd.||Sui Northern Gas Pipeline Ltd.||TRG Ltd., Pak.|
|4.||United Bank Ltd.||TRG Ltd., Pak||Fauji Cement Co. Ltd.|
|5.||Habib Bank Ltd.||Sui Southern Gas Pipeline Ltd.||Maple Leaf Cement|
|6.||Murree Brewery Ltd.||Nishat Mills Ltd.||Lafarge Pak. Cement Ltd.|
|7.||NIB Bank Ltd.||Nestle Pak.||Adamjee Insurance|
|8.||National foods Ltd.||Shifa International Hospitals||Jahangir Siddiqui and Co. Ltd|
|9.||Bank Al-habib Ltd.||Nishat Chunian||Bank Alfalah Ltd.|
|10.||Hum TV Network Ltd.||Kohinoor Textile Ltd.||ENGRO Ltd.|
Several crucial News played an important role in market activity during the entire week and in drawing the market ups and downs. Some of those are being furnished over here:
– Benchmark index went green on banking sector; consequently 90% gainers belong to banking sector yielding an increase of 1.3% in the entire market activity all along
– IMF expended 556 million USD loan tranche and new loans are expected to come in upcoming month: investors now anticipate an incremental commencement of April, 14
– CPI figure to be announced by SBP in next week might turn up the investors’ anticipations. Expected CPI figure has been expected to be around 8.65 %.
– Government of Punjab signs new agreements on petroleum concessions with OGDCL
– On Pakistan day, PTCL announced a new benchmark by introducing 4 MB internet connection for the very first time. In this way, PTCL has become a market leader in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) proving sector in Pakistan. None of the competitor has till yet announced or planned in this regard, as per PTCL press release on Monday.
– Honda Cars cut off in car price by 30k to 40k PKR W. E. F March 26
– Pakistan Petroleum (PPL) has announced a new gas and petroleum discovery well as some site in Naushahro, Sindh.
– MOF (Ministry of Finance) has advised that Economic Coordination Committee had better keep an recommended increment in profit margins of oil and gas marketing companies. But dealers have postponed the recommendation to implement till decrement of oil prices.by