During the last week, despite of several negatively sentimental pieces of news, Karachi Stock market observed a rise in trading activity. This perhaps may be a result of mediocre level speculation in the air. During the last week, Karachi Stock Exchange-100 index was closed on 29, 343.76 points compared to the last week of 28, 681.84 points after gaining 2.31 percent. In the subsequent week, out of 584 Karachi Stock Exchange listed companies, 416 were traded. 247 observed a rise, 147 remained in loss whereas 22 remained on no profit no loss status. Karachi stock market’s paid up capital had a rise and stuck to the level of Rs. 1,153,969,176,003. Following is a line chart which is showing the trading activity of the last week.
Here we go, Following is the list of top losers, top gainers and volume leaders:
|Top Gainers||Top Losers||Volume Leaders|
|Rafhan Maize Products Ltd [92,364,000]||Shezan International Ltd [60,000,000]||Lafarge Pakistan Cement Ltd [13,126,445,000]|
|Nestle Pakistan [453,496,000]||Murree Brewery Co Ltd [230,530,000]||Ghani Automobile Industries (R) |
|Wyeth Pakistan Ltd [142,161,000]||Khyber Tobacco Co Ltd [12,018,000]||The Bank of Punjab Ltd [15,551,131,000]|
|Island Textile Mills Ltd [5,000,000]||Indus Dyeing & Manufacturing Co [180,737,000]||Fauji Cement Co Ltd [13,311,158,000]|
|Pakistan Tobacco Co Ltd [2,554,938,000]||Ismail Industries Ltd[505, 208,000]||Sui Southern Gas Pipline Co Ltd[8,389,680, 000]|
|Fazal Textile Mills Ltd[61, 875, 000]||Shell Pakistan Ltd [1,070,123,000]||Ghani Automobile Industries[200 ,000,000]|
|National Foods Ltd[518, 042 ,000]||Millat Tractors Ltd [442,925,000]||United Bank Limited [12,241,797, 000]|
|Pakistan Services Ltd[325, 242, 000]||Pakistan Gum & Chemicals Ltd [42,486,000]||Pak Elektron Ltd[2,949, 223,000]|
|Exide Pakistan Ltd [77,686,000]||Engro Corporation Limited [5,169,697,000]||National Bank of Pakistan [21,275, 128,000]|
|Siemens (Pakistan) Engineering Co Ltd [82,470,000]||Pakistan State Oil Co Ltd [2,716, 859, 000]||TRG Pakistan [3,853,907,000]|
Following is a list of news that affected the trading activity during the last:
– State minister of communication Abdul Hakeem Baloch has explained that completion of highway projects will play an important role in economic boost up
– Textile sector’s growth during past nine months remained fabulous. The industry remained successful in bringing US$ 10.385 from the foreign exports.
– NEPRA cuts down the electricity price by Rs. 0.82 per unit with effective from July-2014
– State bank of Pakistan has defined the percentage for Zakat deduction for account holders for this year
– Government intends to introduce several initiatives in order to get more from the textile industry of the country. Several subsidies have been outlined to be implemented in due course
– Pak Romania business forum meeting was scheduled to be held on June 27, 2014. This will be a healthy activity to boost the strategy and business entrepreneurial activities for both of the countries
– Federal Minister of commerce and trade, Khurram Dastagir states that government has set priorities in order to up lift socio economic conditions of the country
– A report by IMF states that if Pakistan continues its progressive growth with the same rate, it will become 18th largest economy in the world by the end of the year 2015.
– Political situation remained uncertain and threats to government pertained