It is easy to earn online through blogging. A blog or weblog is a website that is consisting of posts. These posts are in a chronological order. It means that the most recent post appears on the top of the blog or site. While working on any blog, some of the things should be kept in mind.
The bounce rate of your website or blog is a metric that indicates the percentage of people who land on one of your web pages and then leave without clicking to anywhere else on your website. In other words, single-page visitors indicate the bounce rate of your blog. It is essential to decrease the bounce rate of your blog.
Following are the top 5 ways to decrease the bounce rate of your blog:
1. Set realistic expectations:
Your bounce rate should be against your own historical performance and goals. Here you need to be realistic.
Benchmark Averages for bounce rate:
Following benchmark averages should be kept in mind. This will ultimately help to decrease the bounce rate of your blog.
- Content Websites: 40-60%
- Lead Generation: 30-50%
- Blogs: 70-98%
- Retail Sites: 20-40%
- Service Sites: 10-30%
- Landing Pages: 70-90%
- Attract the right visitors:
It is essential to attract the right visitors to your blog to decrease the bounce rate of your blog. Simply follow the following set of rules.
- Choose the appropriate keywords to match your content, not just to influence the most number of visitors.
- Create multiple landing pages with unique content and keywords. Landing page is a webpage which serves as the entry point for a website or a particular location of a website. These pages are for your different buyer personas. A buyer persona is a semi-fictional representation of your ideal customer based on market research and real data about your existing customers.
- Maintain top rankings for branded terms.
- Write attractive, useful Meta descriptions for search engine users. Meta descriptions are basically HTML attributes that provide concise explanation of the content of the webpage.
- Improve targeting of online advertising campaigns.
- Enhance usability:
If the text of your blog’s content is readable and format is attractive then more readers will attract towards your blog. Simply follow the below mentioned steps:
- Make your text readable by using larger fonts, bulleted lists, white space, good color contrast, and large headlines. Responsive layouts are basically responsive web designs. It is an approach to webdesign that aim at crafting sites to provide an optimal viewing and interaction experience. It also includes easy reading and navigation with a minimum of resizing, panning, and scrolling across a wide range of devices.
- Use well-organized, responsive layouts that allow for quick and easy navigation on all platforms and browsers.
- Provide good quality content:
Quality content attracts the more customers on the blog. For good quality content:
- Have an obvious and clear main message.
- Use clear headings and subheadings.
- Customize content to intended visitors.
- Use stylish copy and images.
- Your content should be error-free.
- Include a clear call-to-action and obvious links to next steps.
- Speed up page load time:
It is one of the major techniques to decrease the bounce rate of your blog. Follow the following steps:
- Use little or no self-loading multimedia content.
- Set external links to open in new browser windows/tabs.
- Don’t let ads distract from your content: Place static ads to sides, and avoid pop-ups and self-loading multimedia ads.