Karachi stock exchange 100 index lost 334.57 points during the week,as the downfall continued for the Karachi stock market . Panic selling by the foreign investors was the prime reason for this sliding performance of the market.Foreign investors sold net equity of about $28.5 million during the week.
Karachi stock exchange-100 index started the week at 33263.66 points and ended the week at 32929.06 points.The average weekly shares trading volume showed a decrease of about 18% during the week.This week weekly shares trading volume was about 707 million shares as compared 863 million shares.Following are the major gainers and losers at the Karachi stock market during the week.
Courtesy : Business Recorder
Following news influenced the proceedings of the Karachi stock market during the week
- Foreign remittances increased by 14.6 % during the first eight months of the financial year 2014-15.They were $11.75 billion in first eight month of the current financial year.
- Foreign investors sold net equity of about $28.5 million during the week
- Government has proposed to increase the gas prices
- Trade deficit increased by 46 % in the month of February as compared to January.It was $1.46 Billion in the month of February 2015 as compared to January 2015
- SECP has announced to solve all outstanding of the brokers related to the market.
Courtesy : Express Tribune
Stock market experts are expecting an improved performance of the market next week.It is expected that inflation figures of the last month and IMF review will pave the way for smooth trading in the Karachi stock market.The upcoming polices of the SECP regarding solution of the issues faced by the traders will also play an important in the development of the market in coming weeks.